Minoring in French
Students may obtain a minor in French by completing a minimum of 15 hours beyond French 2100, of which at least 6 hours must be in literature. Most likely, the courses for the minor will be the following:
- French 2160 Intermediate French Composition and Conversation
- French 3160 Advanced French Composition
OR French 3280 Commercial French
- French 3410 Introduction to Literary Analysis
- French 3420 Introduction to French Literature I
- French 3430 Introduction to French Literature II
Courses taught in English (i.e., 2310, 2320, 2330, 2340) and cross-listed courses taught in English do NOT count toward the minor.
Students beginning at a level higher than French 2160 due to placement testing must still complete the minimum of 15 additional hours in order to receive the minor. A minimum of 9 hours, including 3 hours in literature, must be taken in residence.
Additionally, coursework must be completed with a grade in the C range or higher in each of the required courses and students must maintain a 2.0 GPA in the minor.