Minoring in Spanish
Students may obtain a minor in Spanish by completing a minimum of 15 hours beyond Spanish 2100, of which at least 6 hours must be in literature. Most likely, the courses for the minor will be the following:
- Spanish 2160 Intermediate Spanish Composition and Conversation (3)
- Spanish 3150 Advanced Spanish Conversation (3)
- Spanish 3160 Advanced Spanish Composition (3)
- Spanish 3420 Introduction to Hispanic Literature I (3)
- Spanish 3430 Introduction to Hispanic Literature II (3)
- Spanish 3721 Phonetics (3)
Courses taught in English (i.e., 2310, 2320, 2330, 2340) and cross-listed courses taught in English do NOT count towards the minor.
Students beginning at a level higher than Spanish 2160 due to placement testing must still complete the minimum of 15 additional hours in order to receive the minor. A minimum of 9 hours, including 3 hours in literature, must be taken in residence.
Additionally, coursework must be completed with a grade in the C range or higher in each of the required courses and students must maintain a 2.0 GPA in the minor